Estate Planning Essentials: Fed & Mass Issues (706 & M706)
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$245
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has introduced a variety of new planning opportunities. Massachusetts however continues to limit its exemption to 1 million dollars. In this program we will guide you through the proper preparation of federal and state estate tax returns as well as any necessary gift tax returns. Using a hypothetical example we will guide you through schedule by schedule the preparation of a federal and Massachusetts estate tax return along with an explanation of the different estate planning techniques you may encounter when preparing these returns; such as revocable trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, first and second to die variety, Medicaid income only trusts, limited liability companies and much more with special attention paid to a joint trust and the application of § 1014(e) to the trust and the possible double step up in basis. So sharpen your pencil and come to this hypothetical-packed session ready to “do the math”.
- Filing Release of Liens, General Information & Elections;
- Real Estate Schedule A;
- Stocks & Bonds Schedule B;
- Mortgages, Notes & Cash Schedule C;
- Life Insurance Schedule D;
- Joint Property Schedule E;
- Other Miscellaneous Property Schedule F;
- Lifetime Transfers Schedule G;
- Powers of Appointment Schedule H;
- Pensions & Annuities Schedule I;
- Deductions: Admin. Expenses, Debts & Losses Schedules J, K, L;
- Bequests to Surviving Spouse Schedule M;
- Charitable Deductions Schedule O;
- Generation Skipping Transfers Schedule R;
- Credits for Taxes on Prior Transfers, etc. Schedule P & G;
- Hypothetical Problem & Federal & State Computations in Detail.
- Questions and Answers.
To register call 978-468-6528 or download and fax registration form below2019 Spring Reservation Form
All Programs are Designed to Qualify for CPE Credit Under Rules Promulgated by the State Boards of Accountancy, State Bar Associations, IRS Director of Practice and the Institute of Certified Bankers.