2018 Federal Tax Update
January 9, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$255.00
Why Attend: The 2018 Federal Tax Update Workshop covers all new tax legislation, including a comprehensive review of the changes made by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), any changes to the ACA, and Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements. All significant regulations, cases, and rulings in federal taxation through October 15, 2018 are covered.
- Discuss the new deduction under 199A for qualified business income.
- Describe new developments in pension and IRA rules.
- Explain new developments that affect S corporations, LLCs & Pships.
- Summarize the most recent tax accounting provisions, including the changes from accrual to cash under the TCJA.
- Discuss the latest changes affecting passive activity losses, including the rules that apply to real estate professionals.
- Changes that affect individuals who itemize deductions, including the current status of the deductibility of qualifed residence interest.
- Describe the effect of the Tax Cuts Act on depreciation; bonus depreciation, Sec. 179 deduction, and qualified improvement property.
- Current status of Preparer rules, e-filing requirements, and PTINs.
- Alimony, child support, dependency exemption, and innocent spouse.
- Update on IRS Procedures/Practices and circular 230 (1 Hr. Ethics)
- Update on gift & estate tax. Developments in self-employment tax.
To register call 978-468-6528 or download and fax registration form below2018 Fall Reservation Form
All Programs are Designed to Qualify for CPE Credit Under Rules Promulgated by the State Boards of Accountancy, State Bar Associations, IRS Director of Practice and the Institute of Certified Bankers.