- This event has passed.
2017 Federal Tax Update
January 9 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$255
Why Attend: The 2017 Federal Tax Update Workshop covers all new Tax Legislation, including the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act and the Department of Treasury Appropriations Act, dealing with reporting requirements and payment of health insurance premiums under the ACA. All other significant regulations, cases and rulings in all areas of federal taxation through October 15, 2016 are covered.
(Speaker slides & PDF you download containing the substantial 14-Chapter Manual – CD available upon request.)
- Describe new developments in pension and IRA rules.
- Explain new developments that afffect S corporations, LLC’s and partnerships.
- Summarize the most recent tax accounting provisions, including the current status of the repair regulations.
- Discuss the latest changes affecting passive activity losses, including the rules that apply to real estate professionals.
- Describe the latest changes that affect individuals who itemize deductions, including the current status of the deductibility of qualified residence interest.
- Discuss the current status of the ABLE program and myRAs..
- Describe the latest developments on depreciation, bonus depreciation, §179 deduction, and leasehold improvements.
- Discuss the current status of return preparer rules, e-filing requirements, and PTINs. .
- Discuss updates on alimony, child support, dependency exemption, and innocent spouse.
- Describe the latest developments in IRS Procedures and Practices, including Circular 230.
- Earn 1 Hour of regulatory Ethics credit! (Federal only; does not include state-specific regulations).
- Describe the recent changes in the estate and gift tax rules.
- Discuss recent developments in employment and self-employment tax.
To register call 978-468-6528 or download and fax registration form below2017 Fall Reservation Form
All Programs are Designed to Qualify for CPE Credit Under Rules Promulgated by the State Boards of Accountancy, State Bar Associations, IRS Director of Practice and the Institute of Certified Bankers.